AlphaNet Canada Coordinators
AlphaNet Canada services are provided through direct contact with AlphaNet Canada Coordinators. An English-speaking Coordinator is assigned to each province. One French-speaking Coordinator is assigned to Quebec and is available to speak with all other French speakers.
Each coordinator is an Alpha, is living with symptoms of the condition, and has received both initial and ongoing specialized training. The coordinators can guide Alphas through many of the challenges they face, answering questions and providing emotional support when needed. The coordinator also serves as a resource, keeping Alphas up-to-date with the latest information about Alpha-1 and the Canadian Alpha community.
AlphaNet Canada Coordinators’ Services include:
- Being available to answer questions seven days per week
- Contacting each subscriber on a monthly or other agreed upon basis to ensure lines of communication remain open and that support is provided as needed
- Providing education about Alpha-1 and how to live healthier lives through proven disease management techniques
- Sharing information about current clinical trials and research
- Connecting subscribers to other Alpha-1 resources
- Facilitating participation with quality of life questionnaires for AlphaNet Canada’s confidential, PIPEDA compliant, Canadian-based database which will be used for future AlphaNet Canada research.
Ernie B. Ingles
Provinces Covered: AB, BC, YK, NT
During his extensive career in academics, Ernie worked as a professor and administrator in the field of library and information studies. He has lectured extensively and served on numerous boards and as President of the Canadian Library Association. Diagnosed in 2013, his experience serves him well as he works with Alphas from his home base in Penticton, British Columbia.
Jonathan “Jon” Holmes
Provinces Covered: ON and PE
(866) 538-7949 ext. 102
Throughout his career, Jon worked as an Industrial Designer across several manufacturing industries including architecture, furniture and health care. As an avid outdoorsman, he resides in Thamesville, Ontario where he can enjoy angling, camping and other outdoor activities. Jon was diagnosed with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency in 2011 and is eager to support others with Alpha-1.
(866) 538-7949 ext. 103
As part of her successful career at a Bilingual Employment Centre, Ileine gained extensive experience in assisting and working with people to achieve their goals. Her education and training in coaching and supportive counseling are an asset to Eastern Canada Alphas. She lives in Barrie in Ontario and was diagnosed with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency in 2008.
William “Rick” Scott
Provinces Covered: MB, SK, NB, NL, NS, NV
(866) 538-7949 ext. 104
Over the course of 30 years, Rick worked in the Automotive Finance field overseeing operations internationally in the Caribbean, Mexico and Central and South America. He and his wife live in London, Ontario and enjoys playing golf in his spare time. Rick was diagnosed with Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency in 2010 and is delighted to be able to give back and help others with Alpha-1.